“All set” for Bourne Woods
Our BRUTAL run on 11th November 2017 is taking place at Bourne Woods. This is a brand new venue for BRUTAL, and we’re very excited to welcome you there. Click HERE to enter, or find out more at: http://brutalrun.co.uk/race/bournewoods/
Situated on the Western side of the Greensand Ridge, Bourne Woods offers a succession of hills so mighty that even the toughest BRUTALEER will break a sweat. These killer hills are accompanied by plenty of twisty, turny trails throughout the 10km loop. We have been lucky enough to be granted permission to run through a RSPB reserve near the beginning of our race, before heading into the stunning (and famous!) woodland.
Here are some cool facts about the area:
- It’s predominantly coniferous woodland
- It’s used for filming for up to 6 months a year
- A promontory (rise) above a large heathland clearing (made for the filming of Gladiator) provides views over the surrounding woodland
- Charles Darwin may have written about the area in Appendices of Natural Selection-describing the trees in clumps.
Only at BRUTAL Bourne Woods will you get to stand on the very same earth as Daniel Radcliffe. The following movies (along with many more) have been filmed in the same area as our race:
- Gladiator (2000) – the opening battle scene!!
- The Decent Part 2 (2009)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- Robin Hood (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 + 2 (2010 – 2011)
- War Horse (2011)
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)
- Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)
- Transformers The Last Night (2016)
- Wonder Woman (2017)